What FULL OPTION means

Segun a.k.a Legalwealth

Forum's Owner & Admin
Staff member
Nov 20, 2019
Lagos & Abuja
ijamautos.com
It is not new that many adverts for cars/vehicles in Nigeria and beyond get full option attached to them.

Some people get confused on seeing such attached to the details of any car/vehicle but quoted update below has helped with explaining what full option means;

"When you say a car/vehicle is full option, It means it has everything that should be fitted in its range thrown at it. Cars/vehicles come in a range of options, either two or more classes. There is the standard option which is what I like to call entry level for a car/vehicle and may come without a/c, alloy rims, unique paints, simple dashboard, fabric seats, no airbags and so on. A middle-class or basic option could have cd changers, electric windows, fabric seats, a/c, just average comfort.

A full option car, on the other hand, has all the amenities to it as a complete option; alloy or chrome rims, a/c, leather seats, cruise control, airbags, factory pimped lights and custom sound systems, sun and moon roof, keyless entry, voice control, etc. which depend on the car/vehicle manufacturer."

Last edited:

Raphael

Jun 1, 2020
Plateau Jos
Yes, I think the XLE is the fullest option for Toyota models. ( Executive Luxury Edition ) and the always comes with the double exhaust and V6 Engine and the infotainment display. The LE and XL are not fully packaged.

Segun a.k.a Legalwealth

Forum's Owner & Admin
Staff member
Nov 20, 2019
Lagos & Abuja
ijamautos.com
Some vehicles having XLE written at their back from the factory could not carry a V6 engine but 4 plugs engine, which will make it have one exhaust. In such a case, it should be the one requested by a client for production, i.e. the customer will request for full option car with a 4 plugs engine instead of a v6 engine.

In some other cases, some car/vehicle owners decide on their own to buy the XLE logo and place it at the back of their basic option car/vehicle.

Last edited:

Raphael

Jun 1, 2020
Plateau Jos
Some vehicles having XLE written at their back from the factory could not carry a V6 engine but 4 plugs engine, which will make it have one exhaust. In such a case, it should be the one requested by a client for production, i.e. the customer will request for full option car with a 4 plugs engine instead of a v6 engine.

In some other cases, some car/vehicle owners decide on their own to buy the XLE logo and place it at the back of their basic option car/vehicle.
All this production location, it's citizen are lucky enough to go to manufacture or from their mobile phone to specify trims and package level that's a bit different from standard option. Thanks to manufacturers releasing both standard and optional feature.